Transfer Applicants

If you graduated from secondary school and have enrolled at a postsecondary college or university, you are considered a transfer applicant. To be eligible to enroll at Northwestern as a transfer student, you must have completed one full academic year (24 semester hours or 36 quarter hours) at a postecondary institution.

Northwestern uses the Common Application.  Visit the Transfer FAQ for additional information about Transfer applicants.

Transfer Applications

The following items are required to complete an application:

  • Common Application and Writing Supplement
  • Official secondary school transcript(s) noting graduation*
  • Official university transcript(s)
  • Registrar's Report
  • Academic Report
  • Required Standardized Test Scores
  • Nonrefundable application fee ($75)

*The Common Application Secondary School Report completed by a high school counselor is not required.

In addition, we recommend that you include additional test scores, such as SAT Subject Test results, if available.

If we do receive the required items by the deadline for the quarter you wish to enroll, you application for admission will be canceled.

Please note, Bienen School of Music applicants are required to audition

Supplemental Forms

An application is not considered complete until we receive the necessary supplemental forms. College officials may complete these forms online or you may download and print these forms for your recommender. Supplemental forms may be mailed to:

Office of Undergraduate Admission
Northwestern University
P.O. Box 3060
Evanston, IL 60204-3060

For express deliveries requiring a street address, you can send materials to:

Office of Undergraduate Admission
Northwestern University
1801 Hinman Avenue
Evanston, Illinois 60208-1260