Tuition, Fees, and Expenses
Northwestern's cost of attendance changes each year, and it includes both standard and variable figures.
Standard fees do not vary on a student-by-student basis. They include:
- Tuition and Fees: based on actual charges
- Room & Board: based on the weighted average cost of a double room on campus and the equivalent of a 19-meal board contract
- Books, Supplies, and Personal Expenses: based on average costs
- Transportation: an allowance included to help offset travel expenses. This amount will vary as it is dependent upon the distance of your home to campus.
- Loan Origination Fees: based on average charges. Not all students will have an allowance for loan origination fees.
Cost of Attendance
The basic formula used to calculate the cost of attendance for the 2014-15 academic year is as follows:
|Fees (Health $200, ASG $168, Athletic $47)||$415|
|Room and Board||
|Books and Supplies||$1,914|
|Cost of Attendance||$65,554|
* The total cost for commuter students is $53,490, which includes $984 for transportation and $2,325 for room and board.